General terms and conditions
of BrazilLink – Portuguese Language School
1. You must be 18 years or older to enroll in a class at BrazilLink or be assigned accommodations. Younger students need to include a parent or guardian authorization, declaring the school is not responsible for any problem that might arise involving a minor.
2. After enrolling for a course at BrazilLink, you will receive an email confirmation from the school, informing you about fees for the class and accommodations.
3. Group courses – In the event that there is only one student enrolled in a group course, the duration of the class will be reduced to 75% of the regular schedule.
4. Full payment must be made no later than the first day of classes. Students need to make all payments in advance, via bank transfer or Western Union transfer. BrazilLink uses the exchange rate of the “tourist dollar” of the Banco do Brasil.
5. The classes start at 09:00 a.m. Each session is 50 minutes long. There will be a break of 10 minutes after every two sessions. Management reserves the right to modify schedules of language classes and cultural events.
6. Students who don’t arrive or are late for a class are not entitled to any refund. In the case of individual classes, the teacher will wait for the student for no more than 50 minutes.
7. If a student cancels a courses after starting it, he will be reimbursed the pro-rated amount of the remaining class fees, minus an administration fee of 20% of the remaining course fee.
8. The school school is closed on national holidays, the state holiday Independência da Bahia (July 2nd) and the regional holiday São João (June 24th); it is therefore closed in 2015 on the following dates: January 1st; February 13th, 17th, 18th; April 3rd and 21st; May 1st; June 4th and 24th; July 2nd; September 7th; October 12th; November 02nd; December 08th and 25th.
9. Sessions missed because of these holidays will be discounted from the class fee. In the case of regional holidays, classes will be held as normal.
10. Bookings via travel or language agencies can only be changed in agreement with the responsible travel agent, respecting the terms and conditions of the valid contract between the student and the agency.
11. In the written evaluation at the end of a class, students may indicate if they do not want BrazilLink using photos, audio or video tapes, films or any other means of imaging made of them for marketing reasons.
12. Students are expected to behave in an acceptable civil manner, and may be excluded from classes at the school’s discretion if this standard is not met. In this case, fees are to be refunded based on the remaining class time and pro-rated (pro-rata tempore), minus an administration fee of 20% of the amount to be reimbursed.
13. BrazilLink is not liable for damages caused directly or indirectly to enrolled students within its premises and/or by their employees and/or agents, accommodations, volunteer work organizations and cultural events during the contracted course period.
14. Students will be held responsible for any damages they cause, voluntarily or involuntarily to school property or the property of other students. Students may also be held liable for any damages to accommodations or premises where cultural events take place.
15. Enrolling for a course at BrazilLink commits the students to normal school rules and regulations.
16. Brazilian Law applies in Salvador/Bahia, Brazil, to any controversy arising between BrazilLink and the student that cannot be resolved outside the courts.