BrazilLink is a Portuguese language school for foreigners that has a volunteer program. You can study Portuguese here at our school and, at the same time, help poor Brazilians and youngsters get into the job market. Young people and children in Brazil need to have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and intellectual development in order to compete equally in the labor market with other young people who have access to private school.Besides offering volunteer work opportunities, BrazilLink also makes social projects inside the communities. Right now, we want to offer a free workshop to teach Portuguese through theater for young people who live in the suburbs of Salvador.
The Alagados neighborhood is the first! Jamira Alves, the communitary leader, gives an emotional speech on why it is important to make this project. Check out the video!
We need donations to make this dream come true! Help us by clicking below.
What can you do to help Brazilian children and young people in Salvador – Bahia? You can:
BrazilLink has developed a program of study of the Portuguese language here in Salvador. So you have the opportunity to learn the Portuguese language and share your knowledge with our young people from the neighborhoods of Uruguai and Calabar.
- Give English classes;
- Make projects to raise funds to equip schools and libraries of these two communities (Uruguai and Calabar);
- Teach the technique of how to play chess or others logical games;
- Teach origami;
- Do playful activities to develop mind and body.
- One to three months.
- Host family accommodation;
- Guidance on the work you will perform;
- Portuguese classes in the morning;
- Volunteer work two times a week in the afternoon.